Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Date with Destiny Jackson 2007 – Recap


I am sitting at home on Sunday afternoon and thanking God for the blessing that was A Date with Destiny Jackson 2007. One day the temperature soared to an all time record high 106 degrees! When the breaker kicked off in one our meetings and the air conditioning stopped flowing, I thought I was preaching in an old fashioned outdoor tent revival rather than the comfort of a Marriott convention hall. What a great time we experienced together.

I am thankful for the fellowship. Fellowship is a word we throw around too loosely as believers. But the times we spent renewing relationships, encouraging one another and simply catching up with what has been going on in each others lives always makes for one of the highlights of these meetings. My only regret is that we have so little time to genuinely spend talking one on one with each other. I hope we have more opportunities soon.

I am thankful for the worship. Jon Bunn did an excellent job of leading us each session with exuberant praise and meaningful worship of our Lord. I am thankful for the worship team of volunteers who sacrificially invested their time and played their instruments and sang from the hearts.

I am thankful for the preaching from God’s Word – It truly is only God’s unchanging Word that changes our lives. Pastor Scott Camp spoke to us from his heart and demonstrated his gifting as an Evangelist to speak clearly, simply and boldly to us to know what the will of the Lord is for our life. I remember most his simple statement about how so many believers today refuse to come under any pastoral leadership and yet wonder why God does not bless them. Two great messages were delivered from this gifted servant of God.

Dr. Jack Taylor blessed us by allowing his beautiful wife Frieda to bless us in her native German tongue as well as encourage us with some insightful words. Dr. Taylor preached twice. Every time he speaks God opens another window of heaven and gives me more light on the kingdom of God. His classic statement made with a countenance of exasperation was, “He is the creator of it all and the modern church is obsessed with making Him RELEVANT to His own universe, what is wrong with us?” I am thankful to have such a spiritual father in my life.

I spoke three times. I spoke on how God can give you a personal date with destiny from Moses’ experience with God at the burning bush. I taught Friday morning on the evidences of experiencing the fullness of the Spirit. Friday night I spoke about how to make your God-given dream a reality from Habakkuk 2.

All of the conference messages are available on CD in a conference package. They will be available through the store on my web site in the next few days.

To all of those who made this event possible by providing sound equipment, organizing the details, managing the book table and every thing else, I am thankful for you today. Look for an announcement coming soon about a new conference scheduled in Texas.